NAMS Safety and Race Format
-Safety (Minimum Requirements)
1. Leather high top shoes/boots and gloves.,no running shoes. Racing
gloves and boots highly recommended
2. Flame resistant suit designed for auto racing (mandatory)
3 Snell 2010 or newer full face helmet.
4. Latch type 5 point 3" seat belts no older than 2012 dated, requires Sub
5. Driver's window net with quick release.
6. High-back Racing seat mounted to roll cage.
7. Driver's area roll bars must be padded.
8 Battery must be securely fastened with a non/conductive cover over the positive battery terminal. Battery must be in protective battery box (plastic marnie style boxes allowed) if located in drivers area
9.Must have a battery kill switch properly marked within arms reach of the drivers window, so safety personal can shut off car and check on driver at same time.
10. All cars must have a fire extinguisher within their pit stall. Min.5 lbs
11. No Antifreeze allowed in any car . No exceptions
1 All cars will register their car number for $50.00 (First come first served) .Unregistered cars will be allowed to race with the Northern Alberta Mini Stock tour but will not be eligible to Collect N.A.M.S. Points, Payout , Trophys etc.
1A Numbers will be held for 1 full year,unless ok'd in writing by last years registered owner that it will be ok if number be used.
1B. All Bandit Cars will need the letter "B" either before or after the car number. Min of 3in tall on doors, 5in tall on roof. ie: "54B" or "B4"
2. All cars must use an AMB 160 or 260 transponder.(Castrol and Rimbey) (Can be rented at track)
3. Bandits and Outlaws
- Castrol and Rimbey - Bandits and Outlaws will be separated for heat races. Features will be run together. Outlaws will start behind Bandits on all starts. outlaws will move out of postion and fall back ( in order) to the rear of the bandit feild.
- Sangudo - The 2 divisions will have their own respected heats and features.
4. Combined points from all N.A.M.S races will be totaled to make up the 2018 points. N.A.M.S will be running points races at Castrol Raceway, Central Alberta Raceway and Sangudo Speedway.
Points awarded will be towards:
-NAMS overall Points
-Rookie of the Year
-Mini Mayhem Champion ( 2day Invitational Champion)
-Dirt Vs Pavement Champion (Pavement race Champion)
5 Racecivers will be mandatory in 2015 For all NAMS Events. Racecivers are avalible to be purchased at Laforce Racing (Contact Kathryn by phone 780-212-7189 or E-mail [email protected] ) or ProWest Motorsports ( Contact Ron by Phone 780-474-2900)
6 Line ups will be made at within 10 mins of the end of the pit meeting. Line ups are built based on a pill draw at begining of the day.
7– Points are awarded to Car number. Maximum of 2 drivers can collect points for a single car number. Drivers must be registered with the car number at begining of the year.
If there is an item not covered or you’re not sure about something in
these rules, have it approved by the tech Inspector or leave it stock!
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT,
ASK YOUR CLASS REP FIRST!!
2018 Northern Alberta Mini Stock - Outlaws Rules
1-Vehicle and Body
1-1 All makes/models car or truck. Front and rear wheel drive with 4-cylinder engines. No all-wheel drives
1-2. All doors must be bolted, rivoted or welded shut
1-3 Drivers window may be enlarged for driver entry ,but must be kept to a
minimum and cannot go lower than the uppermost cage door bar
1-4 All glass, trim, lights (including lenses), emblems, etc. must be
removed from the car. No windshields or mirrors are allowed.. A minimum
of 3-4 evenly spaced bars (3/8" minimum steel) must be welded vertically
across windshield opening in front of the driver. A screen may be fastened
over the bars if desired. Screens must be painted flat black.
1-5.Two hood pins must be used to secure front hood and rear trunk (2 each) if
stock hinges are used. Otherwise they must be secured with four hood pins
1-6. Fuel Cells are Highly Recommended. If running a stock Fuel Tank, Tank must be located in front of rear axle (on soild rear axle cars/truck) or infront of rear control arm mounting location (on Independent Rear Susp. cars/trucks). Stock fuel tanks Must have min. 22 gauge skid plate mounted between tank and racing surface.
1-7. Rear firewall must be constructed of 22-gauge sheet metal and all
holes must be sealed to seal drivers compartment from fuel compartment
1-8.Aftermarket aluminum seat only .Mounted to
the roll cage only. CAN NOT be mounted to floor.
1-9 Making the vehicle lighter is an option but firewalls (front and back)
must be complete and intact. Firewall must be left in factory location. (Stock firewall,22 gauge rear firewall) and must have stock
floor boards from front fire wall to Rear Firewall and from Rocker panel to Rocker panel .Rocker Panels must be left in stock location.If rocker panels have rust, patching of rust is allowed. Sub Frame connectors allowed
1-10 Removable steering wheel recommended
1-11 Must have tow hooks front and back, chains bolted/welded to frame
1-12. weight rule
Carburetor/ Throttle body cars -1lbs per 1cc ( 2.3l-2300cc=2300lbs)
Fuel injected(multi port,direct port,etc) cars -1.3lbs per 1cc (2.3l-2300cc=2990lbs)
Engine size and weight must be displayed on right front fender beside car
number, decaled or painted .(1.5l fuel injected, must read, 1500 cc/ 1950lbs
or 1.5l carburetor , must read, 1500cc/1500lbs) .
50lbs weight break for any driver using either a Head and Neck Device (with at least 1 head support mounted on drivers seat) or using a full contament seat (Max of 50 lbs). Must be tech`d before the start of the first race of the day to be eligiblel.
1-13. All cars will be weighed before heat races and the top 3 cars
will be weighed at the end of the feature before trophy presentations.
1-14. Paint scheme of any color and/or design. No offensive or
inappropriate graphics. Numbers on doors and roof must be legible and 20"
1-15 All cars must have front and rear bumpers and must be mounted by
stock method ( or reasonable alternative )and have safety chains or cables
from bumper to frame to prevent loss during competition.
. All Cars or Trucks MUST Start the race day with all body panels and must be in good condition. ALL Major dents and damage must be repaired by the next race day.
1-17. Aftermarket bodies allowed. Bodies must me stock appearing. No wedge/late model style bodies allowed. Mixing of manufacturers allowed ( Honda body on Toyota chassis etc )
2-1 Minimum of 1 1/2" OD pipe with min of .095" wall . Recommend 1 ¾” pipe
2-2 Must be attached in a minimum of 6 points ( Main cage mounted in 4 points with 2 rear down bars mounted in trunk area)
2-3.All roll cages will have a minimum of 3 bars on the drivers side and 2
on the passenger side(Door Bars). Drivers door bars must be as close to the door as
possible. Top drivers door bar will be no lower then 3in's from the bottom of
the original window sill(Opening). The bottom bar can be no higher than 3 inches
from the rocker panel. All cages must protect driver 360 deg. No "half" cages allowed. Must run centre halo bar to protect drivers from roll over impact.
2-4. Front and rear hoops are strongly recommended.
2-5 Roll cage cannot exceed past factory stock body.
- Roll Cage construction will be teched at the beginning of each season. Any unfinshed or unsafe welds on roll cages will cause said car to be parked till repairs are made.
2-7 Tubed style bumpers must be covered and not exposed in any way. Every style of bumper must be tied in to the body somehow as to not get caught on an edge of another car while racing.
(see picture at bottom for min. specs on cage)
3-1. Adjustments for camber is allowed.
3-2 Sway bars must be OEM or OEM option for that make and model of
3-3. Racing shocks or struts are allowed. Maximum of 1 shock or strut
3-4. Adjustable coil over shocks or struts allowed . Coil over shocks or struts must have been a stock opition from factory to be used. Weight Jacks allowed . Leaf Spring sliders allowed.
3-5. Swapping of any suspension parts within a family line is allowed (ie.
mustang to mustang, civic to civic etc) .Must be factory type Suspension ( no converting coil to leaf etc)
3-6. Front lower , Rear Control arms and Trailing arms must be Factory stock and unmodified and in stock location., (as per Jan/16 meeting)
4-Engine and drive train
4-1. Carburetor and Fuel injected engines allowed
4-2. No Turbos or Superchargers .No Rotary engines permitted
4-3. Front or rear wheel drive only . No all wheel drive permitted. Manual or automatic
transmissions permitted. Maximum wheelbase is 107".
YOU MUST MAINTAIN A STOCK STROKE +/- .010". Any four cylinder engine in
stock location allowed. No after-market or racing blocks.No dry sump. Only flat
top pistons allowed.No titanium wrist pins allowed. . Any steel rod allowed.
production crank shaft only. No Machining of Crank other than for clean up. Any distributor with any ignition box or stock ignition allowed.All
engines must use an in-block wet sump oil system. No vacuum pumps allowed.
4-5 Factory Production heads only - No aftermarket heads allowed. All heads must be stamped with factory casting numbers. Gasket matching is allowed, porting and polishing is allowed. Only Factory aluminum heads allowed, if engine did not come with a factory aluminum head option, then you cannot use an aluminum head, a factory steel head is then required. Aftermarket cams allowed
4-6 Headers are allowed.Mufflers are optional and exhaust should exit away from driver. Max 100dbs @ 100 feet Catalytic converters must be removed.
4-7 One 2 barrel carb max, Unless Factory stock opition of more than 1 carb . No 4 barrel carbs allowed. Adaptors and/or spacing plates allowed
4-8. Aftermarket Ignition coils allowed
4-9. Solid engine mounts allowed
4-10 Electric fuel pumps are allowed,but must be wired into a oil pressure, inertia switch or mercury switch system, to prevent them from running when engine has lost oil pressure or during a rollover situation. Consult class Rep.
4-12. Gear ratios may be changed, and carrier may be welded.
4-13. Any F.I. engine over 2200cc or 2500cc carb'd engine is allowed but must weights min 2800 lbs.
4-14. Racing oil pans allowed
4-15. Drive shafts/Drive axles must be painted white w/ car number on shaft
4-16. Any 4cyl engines allowed within family line. (Ford to Ford, Honda to Honda ,etc)- North American Production ONLY , No Overseas or Branded Motors ( Cosworth , Spoon, Nismo , etc)
4-17. No Antifreeze in cooling system. Water only
4-18. Pump Gas only . No Racing Fuel allowed. Any fuel containing any type of alcohol will not be allowed, No nitro, methonal ,E85, or exotic fuels
4-19. Factory Computers (ECM) only. Programmers / Chips allowed.
4-20. Engine must be in factory location. No set back or off set Engine locations
4-21. Transmission/drive train must be same make as chassis ( Honda to Honda , Chevy to Chevy ,etc). Any Driveshaft/Drive axles allowed.
5-Wheels and Tires
5-1. 13in-15in wheels allowed, must be steel .
5-2. 1in wheel nuts mandatory when Aftermarket racing rims are being used . If stock wheels are used stock wheel nuts allowed.
5-3. Street or dirt type racing tires allowed… no altering of tires ie. No siping, grooving, soaking, etc.
5-4. Offsetting of rims allowed.Min of 2in offset ,Max of a 4in offset
5-5. No Studs in tires. Winter Tires allowed
5.6. Max of 8in wheel width.
6-1. No converting drum brakes to disc brake unless stock option on vehicle. Stock brake parts only!! No brake bias adjusters
6.2 . All 4 brakes must work on car at the start of the race day.
6.3 Aftermarket Brake Pedal Assemblies allowed.
If there is an item not covered or you’re not sure about something in
these rules, have it approved by the tech Inspector or leave it stock!
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT,
ASK YOUR CLASS REP FIRST!!
*Cars built before Sept 2015 will be grandfathered on rule changes for the 2016 .
2018 Northern Alberta Mini Stocks -Bandits
-Any naturally aspirated passenger car with a wheelbase of 109" or less (measured at the track), with a combined factory horsepower and torque rating not to exceed 295 (ie 145hp/145tq or any combination not to exceed a combined total of 295). Car must be at least 5 years old. Front wheel drive or rear wheel drive (no 4x4). Automatic or manual transmission. No convertibles. No Mazda rotary motors. All vehicle and component identification numbers (VIN, motor, trans, etc.) must remain intact and unaltered.
-Interchange of parts between same Make and generation +is allowed. "Generation" refers to the same make and model manufactured for a period of time between major styling or mechanical changes to the car. Interchange of parts between different sub-models (ie: LX, LS, GT, SE) of the same generation and same make and model is allowed, with the exception that it does not violate any of the other rules described herein. Examples: Swapping a 1.8L DOHC engine (or parts from the engine) from a 1992 Escort GT into a 1994 Escort LX that originally came with a 1.9L SOHC engine IS allowed because the Escort GT engine falls below the class combined horsepower and torque limit and they are the same make, model, and generation. Swapping a Dodge Neon SRT-4 engine (or parts from the engine) into a Dodge Neon SE model is NOT allowed, the SRT-4 model is not allowed to race in the class because it is above the combined horsepower and torque limit. Swapping a 2003 (third generation) Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L Ecotec engine (or parts from the engine) into a 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier (second generation) is NOT allowed, the motor is allowed per the class horsepower and torque limit, but they are two different generations of the same car. This applies to swapping all other components/parts as well. The intent of the parts interchange rule is to allow for budget friendly repair and maintenance of the race car with readily available parts, NOT to enhance horsepower through parts swapping with different sub-models or reduce power-to-weight ratios using different car generations. If in doubt, contact the class rep prior to performing any maintenance with parts of a different year or sub-model.
3. Mandatory Safety Equipment:
- Full-face Snell-rated SA2010 helmet required.
- Fire proof race suit, 1pc or 2pc, single layer minimum (3 layer or better recommended)
- Aluminum racing approved seat, mounted to the roll cage with minimum 4x 3/8" bolts. Minimum of two bolts in the lower seat mounts and two bolts mounted to the main roll cage hoop back bar. (Full containment seat or head restraint recommended)
- Window net, secured to the roll cage only (not car body).
- 5-Point racing harness, 4 years old or newer, secured to roll cage only.
- Fire proof gloves and fire proof shoes mandatory, neck brace strongly recommended
- No Mirrors Allowed All mirrors will be removed before racing starts. Anybody caught with a mirror in their car will lose all points for the day.
4. Roll Cage:
-Minimum requirement (entire cage, kickers, seat support, door bars, etc.) 1.500" (1-1/2") Diameter x .095" wall thickness structural tubing (DOM or HREW). No black pipe. 1.625" or 1.750" Diameter x .095" wall DOM recommended.
- Floor Plates; Cage must be tied into floor plates (minimum 4 plates, minimum .125" thick, minimum 36 square inches each, welded or bolted through floor or rear seat riser), or 2" square tubing welded to rocker panels/structural components.
- Main Hoop; one continuous hoop behind the driver, from the left side of the driver seat floor, up to the roof, across the top, and back down on the right side of the passenger seat. *Ensure that the main hoop is higher than your helmet when sitting in your seat*
- X-Brace; the main hoop requires an x-brace. One bar from the top left to the bottom right, and one bar from the top right to the bottom left.
- Roof/Down Bars; two bars running from the top of the main hoop, extending forward roughly horizontally along the roof, then down following the windshield pillar slope, then roughly vertically to the floor. One center roof bar is also required from the top center of the main hoop to the center of the top windshield cross bar. *Ensure that the roof bars are higher than your helmet when sitting in your seat*
-Windshield Cross Bars; one horizontal bar at the top of the windshield connecting to the roof/down bars on each side, and one horizontal bar at the bottom of the windshield connecting to the roof/down bars on each side.
- Heavy gauge screen or minimum four ¼" bars in front of driver (from top to bottom of windshield opening).
- Door Bars; minimum two horizontal door bars on the driver side, 12" apart, with five vertical connector bars between them equally spaced along the length. Three or four horizontal door bars on the drivers side and more vertical connector bars recommended. Door bars not required on passenger side but recommended.
- Crush Bars; driver side crush bar to run vertically from roof/down bar near the windshield to top horizontal door bar. Same on passenger side (if door bars are present on passenger side). If no door bars are present on the passenger side, run the crush bar from the roof/down bar near the windshield to the front passenger floor plate or lower bar.
- Seat Mount; seat structure and mounts must tie into the roll cage, NOT the car body.
- Subframe; Subframe connectors may be run under the car and welded/bolted to the floor plates, or inside the car near the floor between the main hoop and front down bar.
- Kickers; front kicker bars cannot go past the radiator cradle. Front kickers can tie into front strut towers. Rear kickers can only extend 6" past rear strut towers to allow for a crush zone. Kicker bars are optional but recommended.
- Bracing; bars or x-bracing is allowed between rear strut towers (no front strut tower cross bracing is allowed). Additional roll cage bars/bracing are allowed. The above is the minimum requirement only.
Roll Cage Diagrams Can Be Found On The Last Page
- All upholstery, carpet, glass, emblems, air bags, and plastic trim must be removed.
- Dash may remain or aftermarket gauges may be used.
- No removal (gutting) of metal is allowed of any kind with the exception of the interior door structure to fit the roll cage door bars (factory door plate must remain).
- Doors are to be rivoted, welded or bolted shut. Trunks and hatches need to be secured (weld, chain, bolt, or hood pins).
- Hoods are to be secured with hood pins.
- Cover any holes in the front and rear firewalls and floor.
- Bumper covers are to be OEM stock, or similar in appearance to stock(Aftermarket oval track nose), and must be on the car at the start of the race. Bumpers may be repaired with no greater than 3" x 3" x .125" wall square tube and need to fit completely under the bumper cover with no sharp edges.
- Enlarging or pounding out fenders to allow for larger tires is allowed.
- Driver side and passenger side door plates allowed. No grader blades. Must extend 6" past the door in either direction and be bolted through in at least 4 spots (one on fender, two on door, one on rear door or quarter panel) with ½" hardware. Hardware should not protrude any more than necessary.
-OEM STOCK 4cyl or 3cyl engines only, specific to the make and generation of car used, and at least 5 years old. Carburation or fuel injection OK. SOHC or DOHC OK. Must be below maximum horsepower/torque limit in section 1.
- No aftermarket performance parts, modified parts, or otherwise enhanced parts (ie: non-OEM spec cams or other valve train parts, cam modification/grinding, head work to improve performance, non-OEM spec pistons, etc.)
- No interchange of parts with models or trim levels that exceed the class combined maximum horsepower and torque rating.
- No rotary engines, turbos, or superchargers (engine must be naturally aspirated).
- Removal of air conditioning system and power steering system is OK.
- Aftermarket radiators/fans OK, but must be mounted in the OEM location and of similar dimensional size.
- Engine management computer must remain OEM stock and be the only direct source of engine control. No computer chips or program alterations (ie; increasing rev limiter, altering air/fuel ratio, etc). No standalone aftermarket engine control units or piggyback control units.
-Single un-modified 350 cfm carburetor allowed.
- OEM STOCK drivetrain only, specific to the make, model, and generation of car used, and at least 5 years old.
- No aftermarket performance parts, modified parts, or otherwise enhanced parts (ie: aluminum flywheels, performance clutches, etc.).
- No gutting of transmission internals allowed (must function in all gears). *Min ¾" inspection hole required for tech to scope flywheel/clutch*
- Locked/welded differentials are permitted.
- No brake bias or proportioning valves allowed. All four wheels must lock up.
- Larger wheel studs and/or wheel bearings/hubs on right side of car may be allowed in certain instances for safety reasons. Contact the class rep.
-OEM STOCK suspension only, specific to the make and generation of car used, and at least 5 years old.
- No aftermarket performance parts, modified parts, or otherwise enhanced parts (ie: lightened components)
- Battery must be secure. No bungee cords or ratchet straps. Battery may be relocated or remain in OEM position. If it is relocated, it must be mounted securely in an enclosed battery box.
- Stock fuel tank OK (factory fuel cutoff switch must remain and be functional). Aftermarket racing fuel cells are allowed. Aftermarket racing fuel cell must be secured with approved tank straps and completely closed off from the driver compartment with a firewall. Fuel line running through car must be steel, maximum 3/8" diameter. Aftermarket electric fuel pumps are allowed (not to exceed factory fuel pump flow rate). Aftermarket pump must have a clearly marked shutoff switch within the drivers reach while strapped in.
-Max of 2in of camber ( in or out) measured with driver in the car.
-Adjustable lower Ball joints ( without modifying the control arm , hub or spindle) allowed . Offset control arm bushings allowed.
-Removal of emission control components is allowed (air pump, EGR, etc.).
- Headers allowed.
- Removal of factory exhaust system (catalytic converter, muffler, etc.) is allowed.
- Exhaust must be directed under car (no open headers), maximum 3" diameter.
- Stock throttle body must remain unaltered. Air intake system can be stock or replaced with an aftermarket tube and cone filter. Stock MAF sensor must be used as close as possible to stock location. Aftermarket air filter needs to be in the stock air filter location.
- Pump gas only, maximum 94 octane (no E85, no aviation gas, no race gas, no methanol, no alcohol, no fuel additives, etc.)
-D.O.T approved radial, Highway spec, passenger car tires Only. No "LT" rated tires.
- M&S and winter only rating acceptable, but no aggressive mud/truck tires.
- Maximum 225mm tread width (225/??R??) , any aspect ratio (sidewall height), any rim size.
- Steel or aluminum rims allowed, .Max 7in wheels( no bead locks).
- No altering of tires (ie: softening), no grooving, no siping, no narrowing the tread width, etc. is allowed.
-Wheel spacers are allowed, maximum 1" thick.
-Stock wheel nuts allowed to be used with stock style wheels . 1in wheel nuts must be used when using steel racing wheels.
- Min. 3in backspacing on all wheels . * Updated Feb 19 / 18
11. Pavement Amendment
(With the introduction of a full time Pavement surfaced facility to N.A.M.S , there will be a few rules that are amended due to safety, cost and show quality.) These rules only apply to races being completed at Hythe Motor Speedway.
-790 Hoosier Tire Allowed
-Cars will Qualify each race day - Points will be awarded for Qualifying.