NAMS Safety and Race Format
-Safety (Minimum Requirements)
1. Leather high top shoes/boots and gloves.,no running shoes. Racing
gloves and boots highly recommended
2. Flame resistant suit designed for auto racing (mandatory)
3 Snell 2010 or newer full face helmet.
4. Latch type 5 point 3" seat belts no older than 2012 dated, requires Sub
5. Driver's window net with quick release.
6. High-back Racing seat mounted to roll cage. as per rule 1.8
7. Driver's area roll bars must be padded.
8 Battery must be securely fastened with a non/conductive cover over
the positive battery terminal. Battery must be in protective battery box (plastic marnie style boxes allowed) if located in drivers area
9.Must have a battery kill switch properly marked within arms reach of
the drivers window, so safety personal can shut off car and check on driver
at same time.
10. All cars must have a fire extinguisher within their pit stall. Min.5 lbs
1 All cars will register their car number for $150.00 (First come first served) .Unregistered cars will be allowed to race with the Northern Alberta Mini Stock tour but will not be eligible to race for N.A.M.S. Points, Payout , Trophys etc. Numbers will be held for 1 full year,unless ok'd in writing by last years registered owner that it will be ok if number be used
2. All cars must use an AMB 160 or 260 transponder.(Castrol) (Can be rented at track)
3. There will be double file restarts. This is a result of all the team present
agreeing to use raceivers ,mandatory for 2016, so they can hear the
4. Combined points from all N.A.M.S races will be totaled to make up the 2015 points. N.A.M.S will be running points races at Castrol Raceway and Sangudo Speedway
5 Racecivers will be mandatory in 2015 For all NAMS Events. Racecivers are avalible to be purchased at D.A.K Enterprises (Contact DAK by phone 587-334-7973 or E-mail [email protected] ) or Evolution Racing Products ( Contact Rob by Phone 403-702-3380)
6 Line ups will be made at within 10 mins of the end of the pit meeting. Line ups are built based on over all points and heat race finishes.
7– Points are awarded to Car number.
If there is an item not covered or you’re not sure about something in
these rules, have it approved by the tech Inspector or leave it stock!
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT,
ASK YOUR CLASS REP FIRST!!
2016 Northern Alberta Mini Stock - Outlaws Rules
1-Vehicle and Body
1-1 All makes/models car or truck. Front and rear wheel drive with 4-cylinder engines. No all-wheel drives
1-2. All doors must be bolted, rivoted or welded shut
1-3 Drivers window may be enlarged for driver entry ,but must be kept to a
minimum and cannot go lower than the uppermost cage door bar
1-4 All glass, trim, lights (including lenses), emblems, etc. must be
removed from the car. No windshields or mirrors are allowed.. A minimum
of 3-4 evenly spaced bars (3/8" minimum steel) must be welded vertically
across windshield opening in front of the driver. A screen may be fastened
over the bars if desired. Screens must be painted flat black.
1-5.Two hood pins must be used to secure front hood and rear trunk (2 each) if
stock hinges are used. Otherwise they must be secured with four hood pins
1-6. Fuel Cells are Highly Recommended. If running a stock Fuel Tank, Tank must be located in front of rear axle (on soild rear axle cars/truck) or infront of rear control arm mounting location (on Independent Rear Susp. cars/trucks). Stock fuel tanks Must have min. 22 gauge skid plate mounted between tank and racing surface.
1-7. Rear firewall must be constructed of 22-gauge sheet metal and all
holes must be sealed to seal drivers compartment from fuel compartment
1-8.Aftermarket aluminum seat only .Mounted to
the roll cage only. CAN NOT be mounted to floor.
1-9 Making the vehicle lighter is an option but firewalls (front and back)
must be complete and intact. Firewall must be left in factory location. (Stock firewall,22 gauge rear firewall) and must have stock
floor boards from front fire wall to Rear Firewall and from Rocker panel to Rocker panel .Rocker Panels must be left in stock location.If rocker panels have rust, patching of rust is allowed. Sub Frame connectors allowed
1-10 Removable steering wheel recommended
1-11 Must have tow hooks front and back, chains bolted/welded to frame
1-12. weight rule
Carburetor/ Throttle body cars -1lbs per 1cc ( 2.3l-2300cc=2300lbs)
Fuel injected(multi port,direct port,etc) cars -1.3lbs per 1cc (2.3l-2300cc=2990lbs)
Engine size and weight must be displayed on right front fender beside car
number, decaled or painted .(1.5l fuel injected, must read, 1500 cc/ 1950lbs
or 1.5l carburetor , must read, 1500cc/1500lbs) .
50lbs weight break for any driver using either a Head and Neck Device (with at least 1 head support mounted on drivers seat) or using a full contament seat (Max of 50 lbs). Must be tech`d before the start of the first race of the day to be eligiblel.
1-13. All cars will be weighed before heat races and the top 3 cars
will be weighed at the end of the feature before trophy presentations.
1-14. Paint scheme of any color and/or design. No offensive or
inappropriate graphics. Numbers on doors and roof must be legible and 20"
1-15 All cars must have front and rear bumpers and must be mounted by
stock method ( or reasonable alternative )and have safety chains or cables
from bumper to frame to prevent loss during competition.
. All Cars or Trucks MUST Start the race day with all body panels and must be in good condition. ALL Major dents and damage must be repaired by the next race day.
1-17. Aftermarket bodies allowed. Bodies must me stock appearing. No wedge/late model style bodies allowed. Mixing of manufacturers allowed ( Honda body on Toyota chassis etc )
2-1 Minimum of 1 1/2" OD pipe with min of .095" wall . Recommend 1 ¾” pipe
2-2 Must be attached in a minimum of 6 points ( Main cage mounted in 4 points with 2 rear down bars mounted in trunk area)
2-3.All roll cages will have a minimum of 3 bars on the drivers side and 2
on the passenger side(Door Bars). Drivers door bars must be as close to the door as
possible. Top drivers door bar will be no lower then 3in's from the bottom of
the original window sill(Opening). The bottom bar can be no higher than 3 inches
from the rocker panel. All cages must protect driver 360 deg. No "half" cages allowed. Must run centre halo bar to protect drivers from roll over impact.
2-4. Front and rear hoops are strongly recommended.
2-5 Roll cage cannot exceed past factory stock body.
- Roll Cage construction will be teched at the beginning of each season. Any unfinshed or unsafe welds on roll cages will cause said car to be parked till repairs are made.
2-7 Tubed style bumpers must be covered and not exposed in any way. Every style of bumper must be tied in to the body somehow as to not get caught on an edge of another car while racing.
(see picture at bottom for min. specs on cage)
3-1. Adjustments for camber is allowed.
3-2 Sway bars must be OEM or OEM option for that make and model of
3-3. Racing shocks or struts are allowed. Maximum of 1 shock or strut
3-4. Adjustable coil over shocks or struts allowed . Coil over shocks or struts must have been a stock opition from factory to be used. Weight Jacks allowed . Leaf Spring sliders allowed.
3-5. Swapping of any suspension parts within a family line is allowed (ie.
mustang to mustang, civic to civic etc) .Must be factory type Suspension ( no converting coil to leaf etc)
3-6. Front lower , Rear Control arms and Trailing arms must be Factory stock and unmodified and in stock location., (as per Jan/16 meeting)
4-Engine and drive train
4-1. Carburetor and Fuel injected engines allowed
4-2. No Turbos or Superchargers .No Rotary engines permitted
4-3. Front or rear wheel drive only . No all wheel drive permitted. Manual or automatic
transmissions permitted. Maximum wheelbase is 107".
YOU MUST MAINTAIN A STOCK STROKE +/- .010". Any four cylinder engine in
stock location allowed. No after-market or racing blocks.No dry sump. Only flat
top pistons allowed.No titanium wrist pins allowed. . Any steel rod allowed.
production crank shaft only. No Machining of Crank other than for clean up. Any distributor with any ignition box or stock ignition allowed.All
engines must use an in-block wet sump oil system. No vacuum pumps allowed.
4-5 Factory Production heads only - No aftermarket heads allowed. All heads must be stamped with factory casting numbers. Gasket matching is allowed, porting and polishing is allowed. Only Factory aluminum heads allowed, if engine did not come with a factory aluminum head option, then you cannot use an aluminum head, a factory steel head is then required. Aftermarket cams allowed
4-6 Headers are allowed.Mufflers are optional and exhaust should exit away from driver. Max 100dbs @ 100 feet Catalytic converters must be removed.
4-7 One 2 barrel carb max, Unless Factory stock opition of more than 1 carb . No 4 barrel carbs allowed. Adaptors and/or spacing plates allowed
4-8. Aftermarket Ignition coils allowed
4-9. Solid engine mounts allowed
4-10 Electric fuel pumps are allowed,but must be wired into a oil pressure, inertia switch or mercury switch system, to prevent them from running when engine has lost oil pressure or during a rollover situation. Consult class Rep.
4-12. Gear ratios may be changed, and carrier may be welded.
4-13. Maximum 2200cc engine for Fuel Injected and 2500cc engine for Carb'd.
4-14. Racing oil pans allowed
4-15. Drive shafts/Drive axles must be painted white w/ car number on shaft
4-16. Any 4cyl engines allowed within family line. (Ford to Ford, Honda to Honda ,etc)- North American Production ONLY , No Overseas or Branded Motors ( Cosworth , Spoon, Nismo , etc)
4-17. No Antifreeze in cooling system. Water only
4-18. Pump Gas or Racing Fuel allowed. Max of 108 octane .Any fuel containing any type of alcohol will not be allowed, No nitro, methonal ,E85, or exotic fuels.
4-19. Factory Computers (ECM) only. No Flashed or re-programed computers.
4-20. Engine must be in factory location. No set back or off set Engine locations
4-21. Transmission/drive train must be same make as chassis ( Honda to Honda , Chevy to Chevy ,etc). Any Driveshaft/Drive axles allowed.
5-Wheels and Tires
5-1. 13in-15in wheels allowed, must be steel .
5-2. 1in wheel nuts mandatory when Aftermarket racing rims are being used . If stock wheels are used stock wheel nuts allowed.
5-3. Street or dirt type racing tires allowed… no altering of tires ie. No siping, grooving, soaking, etc.
5-4. Offsetting of rims allowed.Min of 2in offset ,Max of a 4in offset
5-5. No Studs in tires. Winter Tires allowed
5.6. Max of 8in wheel width.
6-1. No converting drum brakes to disc brake unless stock option on vehicle. Stock brake parts only!! No brake bias adjusters
6.2 . All 4 brakes must work on car at the start of the race day.
6.3 Aftermarket Brake Pedal Assemblies allowed.
If there is an item not covered or you’re not sure about something in
these rules, have it approved by the tech Inspector or leave it stock!
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT,
ASK YOUR CLASS REP FIRST!!
*Cars built before Sept 2015 will be grandfathered on rule changes for the 2016 .
2017 NAMS "Bandit" Mini Stock Rules
1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA 2010 or SA2015 helmet required ( "M" rated helmet allowed only when a fire proof head sock is being used) . Roll bar padding required in driver compartment. Recommended: Fire retardant padding. SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear .Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style (1), and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window. Minimum three inch wide SFT-approved five point safety belt assembly required must be mounted securely to main roll cage. Safety belts no more than four years old. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked “OFF” and “ON”.
2. BODY/CHASSIS: Any front wheel drive, compact car with three or four cylinder engine. All cars must remain strictly OEM. Must be OEM-appearing body. No convertibles or two seat sport cars allowed. OEM steel unaltered floor pan only. Inner fenders may not be removed. Hood and trunk lid/hatch must be securely fastened All doors must be securely welded or bolted. All glass, exterior lights, chrome/plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed. Dash may be removed, but can remain. Maximum seven inch front and rear sun visors allowed, opera window may be closed. Skirting allowed, must maintain OEM appearance. Car number thickness must be at least a minimum 2 inches and maximum 4 inches and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on both sides and top of car.
4. BUMPERS/RUB RAILS: Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location, welded, chained or cabled to frame. Front and rear tow hooks mandatory. OEM bumper covers should remain. May have one horizontal bar - maximum 1.75 inch OD – tying front frame horns together ahead of radiator. Maximum one inch wide by two inch tall steel or Lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. No sharp edges allowed on bumpers, rub rails or bolts. No bars past outside edge of body other than rub rails
5. ROLL CAGE: Six-point, full perimeter roll cage required, Must use minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness tubing. Rear hoop must have “X” bracing configuration. Rear kickers required. Recommended: front brace bar from main halo to front cowl. Forward brace bar allowed from main cage to front strut tower. Must have 1.25 inch minimum O.D. cross bar in top halo. Cage must be electric welded and attached using adequate plating (Recommended: minimum 0.25 inch). No iron, galvanized pipe or fittings, square tubing, brazing or soldering allowed. Mild steel or cage tubing only.
6. DOOR BARS: Minimum three horizontal door bars on driver side and two horizontal door bars on passenger side. Both sides must have vertical bracing from top to bottom door bars. All tubing must be minimum 1.75 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness. Recommended :Steel door plates, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of door bars on driver side. Plate must cover area from top door bar to frame and from rear down post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
7. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Minimum three windshield bars and protective screen mounted in front of driver. Aluminum high- back racing seat required. Must be securely mounted to roll cage using 0.375 inch bolts. Driver must be sealed off from track, engine, transmission and fuel cell/tank. No mirrors. No gutting allowed except for roll/door bar clearance, trunk lid and hood. All flammable material, radio and air bags must be removed. Front and rear firewalls must remain and have no holes.
8. SUSPENSION AND STEERING: All components and mounts must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make/model of car used. Brace bar allowed between strut towers in front and rear. No other bracing allowed on front end. No weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices allowed. Rear wheels must track straight ahead and be in alignment with front wheels. No more than 5 degrees camber on any wheel.
9. SPRINGS/SHOCKS/STRUTS: All shocks and struts must remain OEM, in OEM location. OEM springs may not be modified.
10. TIRESAND WHEELS: OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16 inch diameter unaltered passenger tires only. No racing, mud tires. No re-caps, softening, conditioning, grinding, sanding, siping or grooving allowed .OEM steel , aluminum or racing wheels, with standard bead bump and maximum seven inch width. Reinforcing of wheels recommended. Front wheels must be the same size and offset as rear wheels. Tires must be inside of body. NO wheel spacers or bleeder valves. One inch O.D. steel lug nuts on steel racing wheels recommended. Stock size wheel nuts allowed to be used with OEM steel or aluminum wheels
11. BRAKES: Must be steel, unaltered, OEM operative, four wheel disc or drum brakes, and match year, make and model of car used. OEM master cylinder only, in OEM location. No brake shut off or bias adjuster. Steel brake lines only.
12. EXHAUST: Exhaust manifold must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. Smog pump, catalytic converter and air conditioning compressor may be removed. Exhaust must turn toward ground. No exhaust in driver compartment.
13. WEIGHT: No ballast (extra weight) of any kind allowed. Any item deemed as ballast will be required to be removed.
14. BATTERY/STARTER: One 12 volt battery only. Must be securely mounted with positive terminal covered. Battery must be in Marine type case if mounted in driver compartment. OEM starter only, must be in OEM location. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race.
15. GUAGES/ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices (exception is one-way Race Receiver radio by officials). 12 volt ignition system only. No ignition boxes. No performance chips. All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make and model of car used. Aftermarket analog tach, oil pressure and water temp gauges only. Vehicle computer (ECU) should be mounted in accessible location for inspection.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Must have complete, unaltered, OEM fuel system for year, make and model of car used. Gasoline only, maximum 93 octane. No E85. No performance additives, Gas tank ahead of rear axle allowed. Gas tank shield recommended. Gas tank behind rear axle must be replaced with maximum eight gallon fuel cell and relocated to trunk area. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick, Metal firewall or cell cover must be between driver and cell. Fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have check valve. If racing fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system-a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch allowed with aftermarket fuel cell. No cool cans. No fuel lines through driver compartment. Aftermarket fresh air pipe and air filter allowed.
17. TRANSMISSION: Must use OEM, unaltered transmission that came in year, make and model of car used. All forward and reverse gears must be operational. Flywheel, flex plate, clutch assembly and torque converter must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. No mini clutches or couplers. Must have inspection hole in bell housing (accessible from top). No transmission coolers in driver compartment, No torque dividing final drive. No locked differentials.
18. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Engine and radiator must be OEM, in OEM location for year, make and model of car used, May use solid engine mounts or safety chains. No accumulators/accusumps. Fire wall extension between hood and firewall.
19. ENGINE: 3 or 4 cylinder in-line only, Recommended: double overhead cam All engine components must be unaltered OEM for year, make and model of car used, Must use OEM crank, rods, valve sizes, stroke, etc. No aftermarket racing heads, No high performance or sport car engines of any kind. No turbo charged, super charged or rotary engines.140 HP Maximum.( hp rating based on factory spec)
20. RACEceiver are required.
21. Minimum age for driver is 13 yrs old.
AMENDMENTS TO THESE RULES MAY BE MADE AT ANY TIME IF CERTAIN TYPES OF CARS ARE DOMINATING.
If it is not in the rules does not make it legal. Call and ask for advice as it is free.
Remember this is entry level racing. These are not race cars, these are cars we race.
Let’s get those cars together and come out for some fun.